Time to departure

Thursday, July 29, 2010

que rico!

Hola!

Today was our 2nd day at Excelensia Familiar and I already feel like I'm home. The tias that we have been so blessed to spend our days with are some of the most selfless people I have ever met. The Lord has truly blessed these women with hearts of gold and the gift of service.

During the day we continued to paint the interior of the house. My continued prayer is that the Lord will bless the work of our hands so that it is pleasing not only for the inhabitants of the house but for our Father in heaven.

Despite having some challenges with the language, I feel like God is allowing us to speak to each others' hearts, so that the "barrier" is nonexistant. One of my teammates shared last night, about the difficulty in the transmission of language; to her, it is an outpouring of vulnerability and humility between two people. After contemplating her statement, I couldn't agree more. Taking a chance and risking humiliation looks very differently for everyone. I just pray that the Lord would totally reveal and diminish any bit of pride that is in me and any of my teammates.

Something I immediately realized upon arriving at the orphanage is the joyous simplicity that the children seem to posses. Growing up in the U.S., a sense of materialism and egotism, is apparent everywhere, especially inside me. It may be premature to make the following statement, however, I feel like that same sense of materialism and consumerism is not present in this place. I can't help but feel God's protection and guidance upon my teammates and myself.

Tomorrow, we'll probably get to share some lessons with the children so please pray that we can say exactly what the Spirit leads us to, nothing more and nothing less. Thank you for your continued support and prayers. It really means so much! We love you all!

-Sara


No comments:

Post a Comment