Time to departure

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Homeward bound in good health!!

Praise God!! Thank you, thank you to all who prayed for my recovery. Honestly, neither my team or my hosts believed that I would be able to fly home this morning. The doctors do not know why caused this over 24-hour illness, but all I can say is that I have never been this sick in my entire life. After a whole night of disgusting symptoms that I will refrain from describing, we concluded that it was best for me to see a doctor since I was unable to recover on my own with over the counter meds and drinking bottles of Gatorade.
So around 6 pm on Sunday evening, Tom, our host, took me and two of my teammates, Chung-in & Andy, to the international hospital in central San Jose. After 2 IVs and lying in a hospital bed for 3 hours, I still did not feel better. My body was so weak, my entire body was in pain, and my head was dizzy. According to the blood test results, I had an intestinal infection, which the doctor concluded was E.coli. Since there was nothing else the doctors could do, they released me and prescribed 4 different pills.
After a good night's sleep on Sunday evening, I was ready to take my medication. I had 2 of the best "moms" on- the-go who took care of me, fed me, and made sure I was doing everything possible to regain my health & strength.
Monday morning , I was able to eat a little bit. Chung-in made me rice porridge. :) Unfortunately I was unable to keep much of it in my system. I felt a little better but still skeptical as to how I would survive the long plane ride home including a 9-hour lay over in Miami. My body was still weak and I felt dizzy after standing longer than 5 mins.
God answers our prayers! Currently, I am on the road to recovery. I have my voice back and apparently my color is back. Thank you for all of your prayers! I desperately needed all the support I could get. I surrendered this illness to Him, trusting that He is the ultimate healer.

No comments:

Post a Comment